Corporate Giving OfficerCompany: Kettering University
Date Posted: June 13, 2018
• Bachelor’s degree with three-five years of progressive, successful fundraising experience, with at least three years of corporate and foundation relations experience.
• Strong relationship-building, organizational, management, and analytical skills.
• Superior writing skills, including all aspects of proposal development (research, writing, editing, budget development, submission and stewardship).
• Knowledge, experience and understanding of typical grant making processes used by foundations and corporations.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills.
• Attentive to detail, creative, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Self-motivated and disciplined to regularly set and achieve work goals.
• Experience leading and motivating volunteers.
• Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
• Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values:
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity, partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
• Develop highly competitive proposals for corporate prospects and leverage diverse corporate and foundations goals and the preferences in conjunction with campaign and university goals.
• Maintaining a rigorous schedule of contacts and meetings with corporate representatives, some at the c-suite level, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations, and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
• Monitor proposal and reporting deadlines
• Support and maintain university stewardship process for all contacts within Gift Officer’s Portfolio.
• Maintain all relevant and necessary information on corporate prospects in electronic database and act as knowledge expert on all prospects within the Gift Officer’s Portfolio.
• Work closely with Alumni Engagement Office, Co-op Officers, Gift Officers, and other University Staff to create opportunities to build awareness about corporate constituencies in order to build and significantly expand fundraising opportunities / relationships.
If interested please visit: jobs.kettering.edu/postings/4131