Director of Annual GivingCompany: Kettering University
Date Posted: June 13, 2018
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of relevant advancement or fundraising experience.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality as well as a proven ability to articulate organizational objectives and development goals.
• Understands the principles and techniques of successful annual fundraising as they pertain to data analysis, project management and annual giving solicitation in various forms (direct mail, email, phone, and online initiatives)
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment. Willingness and ability to travel and to work nights and weekends, as required.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills using various MS Office applications.
Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
Collaborates with the Assistant Vice President of University Advancement to develop annual goals and objectives and operating budget. Analyzes existing annual giving programs and goals; using results to determine new strategies and to determine appropriate modifications. Utilizes results to develop a set of acceptable evaluation mechanisms and benchmarks to establish how future success will be measured.
-Develops and manages solicitation strategies for all donor constituencies including alumni/ae, friends, parents, faculty and staff. Works collaboratively with other University departments and faculty/staff on special projects including the annual faculty/staff drive, the class gift campaign, reunion giving, student and parents campaigns. Creates and manages strategies to acquire, renew, and recapture donors.
-Manages a prospect portfolio of individual prospects, including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors invited to give $500 or more.
-Writes and/or directs the development of printed materials used to promote and solicit unrestricted contributions, including solicitation letters, brochures, email correspondence and response devices.
-Plans, implements and manages phone giving, including hiring of students: setting goals, solicitation strategies and schedules. Ensuring the timely completion of gift acknowledgements and pledge reminders.
-Manages direct mail and personalized mail solicitations and communications strategies as well as supervises the design and production of solicitations and supporting materials.
-Develops and manages social media plan to receive gifts through online platforms.
-Works with the Director of Advancement Services to maintain and update donor records.
If interested please visit: jobs.kettering.edu/postings/4096