Associate Director, International Advancement - MSUCompany: Michigan State University
Date Posted: July 10, 2017
Associate Director, International Advancement
Reporting to the Senior Director of International Advancement, and working in a high volume, highly complex organizational setting, the Associate Director of International Advancement coordinates international alumni engagement, donor relations, and parent fundraising for MSU’s Office of International Advancement. The associate director will be responsible for developing a strategic framework for engagement and discovery of alumni in key international markets under the guidance of International Advancement team, and in collaboration with key colleges across campus, MSU Alumni Association, University Advancement, as well as with the area studies centers and education/service units in MSU’s International Studies & Programs.
The associate director will be responsible for establishing and building mutually beneficial relationships with a wide range of alumni, as well as parents, stateside and internationally, to advance the international agenda and goals of Michigan State University.
- Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year degree program in communication, public relations, marketing, business, or related field
- 3 – 5 years of related and progressively more responsible experience in professional fundraising, alumni/ donor relations, public relations, marketing or related field.
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting international charitable giving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and valid passport.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3- 5 years of professional major gift fundraising experience in higher education or readily transferable skills and a proven track record of working in a complex environment.
- Collaborative team-oriented style. Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Knowledge of and experience conducting international alumni relations and fundraising.
- Experience with “Moves Management” or related strategic relationship development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- International and domestic travel required.
How to apply
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Angha Childress, Senior Director of Development, International Studies and Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates must submit an application and resume through the Michigan State University Human Resources web-based system, the URL for this website is www.careers.msu.edu. Please indicate the position number 446732 when submitting your application.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.